Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 346 mal aufgerufen
 Munga
andrewroberts.1953 Offline

Rekrut

15.10.2015 13:19
Hello from BG Zitat · Antworten

Hello from the GB. I am a MUNGA and Iltis owner here in the south west of GB. I am trying to contact Freddy or anyone else about kits for the pepetronic ignition system. I know of some MUNGA owners here in GB would would like to buy them.
Can anyone help please?

Andy

Mister Munga Offline

* General

15.10.2015 13:44
#2 RE: Hello from BG Zitat · Antworten

Hello Andi
welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are some Munga owners in England and Scotland.
Do you know Gavin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ozrPRwlrZg

Almost exclusively there are vehicles of the former Dutch army, which have been imported into the 80s.
This is almost exclusively the type 4

I only know Paul in Tunbridge Wells with a Munga "8", the long version.
Do you know David in County Durham? He had a Munga 6 with the short version.

Do you know the most famous Munga - driver?[

Look here:
http://www.berlin1.de/berlin-sehen/berli...berlin-20153083

Page 3

I suspect the Pepetronic is rarely incorporated into D.

Freddy Offline

Wachmeister

15.10.2015 13:49
#3 RE: Hello from BG Zitat · Antworten

Hello Andy,

looks like you´ve finally found me out!

;-)

I´m actually working (slowly) on a reissue of the pepetronic ignition for the Munga.
It may take some time though, because the PCBs as well as the lasered mounting sub plates and the interrupter plates still need to be ordered first, drilled and threaded by myself, once I got them and finally zinc plated.
Hopefully in Dezember I can announce a date of delivery for the next small series of kits.

Nice to read some lines of yours again!

Best regards

freddy
info[at]joern(minus)klein(minus)architektDOTde

Freddy Offline

Wachmeister

15.10.2015 14:32
#4 RE: Hello from BG Zitat · Antworten

Ahhh ...

since "Big M." mentioned it: Yes, the tiny little pepetronic may still be rare but it IS incorporated in a few Mungas an other DKW throughout Germany already!
At this point in time it looks as if there are some 10 of the 35 kits existing today that are awaiting soldering by their owner or are ready but still not implemented into a Munga or another 12/24V 3cyl. DKW.

I had no reports of problems that were caused by the layout whatsoever.

Only a variety of faulty solder joints or disenganged adhesive joints due to oily surfaces did occur.
And there is one Munga that has devoured 6 MOSFET now, I must admit.
But I´m quite sure this happened when taking off the ignition harness from the spark plugs while the engine was running.
Quite common practice when isolating a failure, I´m afraid, but very bad for electronics as well as for any ignition coils.

One additional and inexpensive protection circuit is ready on the drawing board and has been successfully tested under laboratory conditions already.
It will be included in the upcoming kit and delivered to all pepetronic-owners for free.

Best regards again

freddy

andrewroberts.1953 Offline

Rekrut

17.10.2015 11:31
#5 RE: Hello from BG Zitat · Antworten

Hello and tahnks to all for the help.
I have been ill for some time, due to a bleed into my brain. Hence why I have not been doing much on the forums etc.
I am looking to try and get a list of all the MUNGAs in GB. The MUNGA in GB is now well regarded, unlike many years ago.
I am helping two people restore two MUNGA 4 of the Dutch. One has a very bad body, with almost no floor! If anyone knows of repair panels for the floor please tell me.

I also have an Iltis, but I need to replace the body on this. It was at Castle Martin ranges in Wales, which was used by the Bumdewher for tarining in the 80/90s.
Due to health I can't travel very fare, and I am trying to obtain a repairable body from the Belgium/German border. The dealer will not simple supply one off the pile, someone has to pick one.
If anyone can help, I would be happy to pay their expences.

As to the Pepetronic, nothing is going to be done much by me or other people in GB until early next year. So waiting for kits to be made is not a problem.

Thank you all again
Andy

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz